Marine and Coastal
Managing the foreshore for the realm
With our unrivalled knowledge of the Welsh property market, Cooke & Arkwright provides insightful advice on commercial and residential developments around the coast of Wales. About 70% of the coastline is owned by The Crown Estate, for whom the firm acts as Managing Agents.
Why choose Cooke & Arkwright
- With our Welsh base and contacts across the marine sector forged through many years of experience, we are able to provide you with specialist and strategic advice to realise the maximum potential of your marine portfolio
- We are experts in commercial leases and rental negotiations to bring you the best results
- We advise on the complex arrangements involved with mixed development schemes and renewable energy projects.
How we can help you
Our services include:
- Marine estate management
- Quality advice on a wide range of development opportunities
- Negotiation of leases for major infrastructure projects
- Advice on leisure uses and nature conservation
- Advice on disposals for mixed use development including housing
- Commercial lettings and sales.
Examples of our work include
- Management of The Crown Estate coastal portfolio around Wales
- Negotiation of regulating leases with local authorities
- Negotiation of leases for major energy and infrastructure projects with international companies
- Stewardship schemes with community organisations
- Marina leases and mooring licences with clubs and societies.
If you are proposing a development or use of the foreshore or seabed, please contact us at Cooke & Arkwright and we can guide you on the best way forward.