Utilities and Energy
Providing the right property advice to power your investment
Property is playing an increasing role in meeting the growing energy needs of our world. We are also experts in advising utilities companies on wayleaves and easements over private land and are retained by Welsh Water to provide land agency services. At Cooke & Arkwright, we offer landowners and operators a unique skill set supported by unrivalled local knowledge and expertise, providing reliable, up to the minute, practical advice on potential energy uses, including wind and solar, in Wales.
Why use Cooke & Arkwright
Our extensive work in the utilities and energy property sector puts us in the best position to advise you on using land for energy purposes:
- The breadth and depth of services we provide has given us an unrivalled expertise - we have the skill to guide you though a complicated process
- We have an extensive network of contacts within this sector in Wales who we work closely with to ensure you the best results from your project
- No matter what size the project, our Director-led advice ensures you a personal, high quality and cost effective service.
How we can help you
Our services to the utilities and energy sector include:
- Acquiring sites for utilities and energy providers
- Disposing of surplus non-operational land
- Acquiring sites for infrastructure
- Negotiating leasing arrangements and rents for telecom masts
- Advising landowners on the development of wind and solar farms on their land
- Introducing landowners to proven renewable energy developers
- Negotiating option agreements for renewable energy schemes
- Identifying energy sector property investments for institutional clients
- Advising wind and solar farm operators on business rate liabilities
- Handling valuation and compensation claims in connection with utilities work
- Handling valuations of impact of renewable energy schemes
- Negotiating wayleaves and easements over private land.
Examples of our work
A small selection of our existing clients include: Welsh Water, Welsh Government and Plymouth Estate.
Find out more about how we can put our property expertise to work for you. Call one of our experts today to discuss how we can start helping you.