Cooke & Arkwright offers a specialist, market-leading business rates advisory service to help owners and occupiers throughout Wales and beyond to reduce their business rates.
One of the biggest property costs to your business is likely to be business rates, so of course you want to make sure you're not paying more than you need to. Over the last 80 years, Cooke & Arkwright has consistently demonstrated expertise in reducing the business rate bills of owners and occupiers in Wales and beyond. With our specialist knowledge and experience, we can assess your business rates liability with a view to saving you money.
The 2017 rating list came into effect on 1 April 2017 and for England a much more demanding appeal process.
For further details please visit our 2017 Revaluation page
Why choose Cooke & Arkwright Rating Surveyors
- With an average rate bill reduction of 15% we consistently deliver above industry average reductions for our clients
- Since the beginning of the 2005 rating list we have achieved client savings in excess of £100 million
- Our Director-led service means you will personally meet and always speak to the people who are dealing with your project and understand your business needs.
How we can help you
Our services include:
- Appealing against business rate assessments, including completing and submitting all documentation on your behalf
- Valuing your properties to establish whether a reduction is viable before an appeal is submitted
- Negotiating with Valuation Officers
- Preparing and presenting cases at Valuation Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Mitigating empty property rates, including rate relief schemes, legislative changes and transitional adjustments
- Preparing budget rate liability forecasts
- Completing Valuation Office Agency forms of return
- Carrying out rate audits to identify potential errors in historic rate liabilities.
Examples of our work
We deal with all property types for both the public and private sectors, from civic centres and leisure centres, to factories, warehouses, offices, high street retail, out of town retail and sports stadia. Our clients include:
Millennium Stadium, Welsh Rugby Union, Castle Leisure, Greggs, Meritor, BAE Systems, Wales & West Utilities, Atradius, Leekes, Cardiff City Football Club, Principality Building Society, Panasonic, Cardiff University, eight Welsh Councils, Bosch, Vale Golf & Spa Resort and Sogefi.
We consistently achieve above industry average business rate reductions for our clients, with recent successes including the following:
|Business||Group Savings||Rateable Value
|Cardiff Bay Barrage||£1,159,981||£500,000||100%|
|Wales & West Utilities||£266,859||£88,250||84.86%|
|Principality Building Society||£1,716,054||£75,000||22.90%.|
We would be delighted to review your business rates bill to asses how we can save your organisation money. Please contact one of our experts today to find out more.