Andrew West is Director of rating advising clients on business rates and compulsory purchase valuations; he conducts rating appeals for clients to Valuation Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).
Andrew is Partner and Director at Cooke & Arkwright responsible for business rating and compulsory purchase valuation. He represents many diverse commercial property occupiers throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland. He conducts business rating appeals to Valuation Tribunal and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber). Andrew is a spokesperson for the RICS Wales on property taxation, and has given evidence to the Welsh Government Business Rates Task and Finish Group. He is a member of the RICS National Rating and Local Taxation Policy Panel advising the Westminster Government and has given lectures to the Valuation Tribunal Service for Wales.
Areas of Expertise
- Successful rating appeal for Millennium Stadium, reducing the 2005 rating assessment from £2,000,000 RV to £1,375,000 RV and the 2010 assessment from £2,250,000 RV to £1,650,000 RV saving £3.5 million.
- Cardiff Bay Barrage rating assessment reduced from £500,000 Rateable Value to £0 Rateable Value
- Landmark rating case on impact of disrepair, County Hall Cwmbran for Torfaen & Monmouthshire Councils.
- IRRV (Hons)
- Member of RICS Rating and Local Taxation Policy Panel
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Member of Compulsory Purchase Association
Mountain biking, keep fit, travel.