Andrew Gardner is Managing Director of Cooke & Arkwright and advises clients on commercial and major asset valuations, residential land, contentious landlord & tenant matters and expert witness.
Andrew is Managing Director with 35 years’ experience in commercial property and land, and is actively engaged in the disposal of residential development land in Wales. An RICS Registered Valuer, he oversees all asset and security valuations as well as commercial lease renewals and rent reviews. He has been involved in most of the major asset valuations carried out by the firm.
He acts as Expert Witness appearing at Planning Inquiry, various Tribunals and the High Court. Andrew is regularly involved in consultancy projects for public and private sector clients across Wales and England.
He is an RICS Accredited Evaluative Mediator and does mediation work as part of the firm’s services for property related disputes
Andrew has many years of experience in advising public and private clients on the disposal of residential development land across South and West Wales.
Areas of Expertise
- Major asset valuations for Principality Building Society, Cardiff University, the University of South Wales, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Swansea University, South Wales Fire and Rescue Service, Gwent Police
- Professional Advice for Cardiff University, University of South Wales, Bangor University, Aberystwyth University and University of Wales Trinity St David and Coleg Gwent
- General estate advice for public sector organisations including The National Museum Wales and Welsh Government.
- RICS Registered Valuer
- RICS Accredited Evaluative Mediator
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Examiner RICS (as Chairman)
Dressage. Andrew is an Official 5* International Judge (Dressage) for the International Equestrian Federation. He is a former Director of British Dressage, Chairman of British Dressage Judges and Chairman of International Selection. He has worked on the lottery funded World Class Performance selection program. This year Andrew is judging the European Championships, the World Young Horse Championships and is President for the Young Riders European Championships. He has been appointed to judge at the Tokyo Olympics.