Nick Lawley BSc (Hons) MRICS
Director, Investment Agency
Nick Lawley is a director at Cooke & Arkwright, advising clients on property investment acquisitions and disposals across all commercial property sectors.
Nick graduated from University of Reading in 2002 with first class honours in Land Management and spent the first 12 years of his career working in London. Prior to joining Cooke & Arkwright, Nick was an investment director at DTZ in London and also spent some time working in fund management for DTZ Investors.
Nick's experience includes advising clients on office, retail, industrial, leisure and alternative sector property investment acquisitions, disposals and development fundings.
Nick advises institutional investors, property companies, private equity funds and developers and his experience provides him with a wide and diverse contact base of agents, investors and developers across the UK, together with an in depth knowledge of all commercial property investment sectors across the country.
Areas of Expertise
Nick's recent investment agency work includes:-
- Sale of West Point Industrial Estate, Penarth Road, Cardiff for £3.45m/ NIY 6.50% on behalf of Telereal Trillium (November 2020)
- Sale of Stuart Close Industrial Estate, Penarth Road, Cardiff for £4.69m/ NIY 6.37% on behalf of DTZ Investors (February 2020)
- Sale of Units 1a, 1b and 2 Pentwyn Business Centre, Cardiff for £2.53m/ 6.30% on behalf of private property company (April 2019)
- Acquisition of West Point Industrial Estate, Penarth Road, Cardiff for £2.50m/ NIY 7.00% on behalf of Telereal Trillium (August 2017)
- Acquisition of 6 Park Street, Cardiff for £10m on behalf of UKRO/ Adapt (September 2019)
- Sale of British Airways Maintenance Facility, Llantrisant for £6.50m/ NIY 11.7% on behalf of Kildare Partners/ Curzon Advisers (March 2019)
- Sale of 24 Cathedral Road, Cardiff for £5.40m/ NIY 6.75% on behalf of Threadneedle UK Property Authorised Investment Fund (September 2018)
- Acquisition of office portfolio comprising Womanby House, Westgate House, Jones Court and 23 Womanby St (The Trade Collective) in Cardiff for £4.40m/ 7.65% on behalf of Kames Property Income Fund (April 2018)
- Sale of Castle Buildings, Womanby St, Cardiff for £2.40m on behalf of Craigard (February 2018)
- Sale of Trinity Court, Newport Road, Cardiff for £4.15m/ NIY 9.00% (December 2016)
- Acquisition of Cardiff Gate Motorway Service Station, Junction 30 M4, Cardiff for £10m/ NIY 4.79% on behalf of Newcore Capital Management (August 2020)
- Sale of student accommodation development site (Brickyards Industrial Estate and former bus yard, Execelsior Road, Cardiff) for £4.15m on behalf of DTZ Investors (July 2017)
- Sale of Menai Retail Park, Bangor for £6.50m on behalf of DTZ Investors (July 2019)
- Acquisition of Colindale Retail Park, Edgware Road, London for £22.35m on behalf of DTZ Investors (Dec 2014)
- BSc (Hons)
- Member of the Investment Property Forum
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing
Where he has spare time outside looking after his young family, Nick's interests include running and supporting Cardiff Blues (through thick and thin).
Nick is a board member of Newydd Housing Association and Newydd Group