Sale of 15 acre island off the Vale of Glamogan coast
Land Agency, Utilities & Energy, Property Auctions
- The owner wanted to dispose of his asset and as the island had previously been marketed with another agent without success, our client wished for a fresh approach.
- Environmentally and ecologically sensitive, the island is protected with a number of planning designations, making any form of development a remote possiblity.
- Cooke & Arkwright agreed with the client beforehand and set out a comprehensive marketing schedule advertising the island in the regional press and on-line.
- The importance of the island as a romantic beauty spot was recognised as a unique selling point and an aerial photgraph was commissioned which caught the location perfectly, showing not only the whole of the island, but also Cardiff in the distance.
- As a result of national adverts and excellent press exposure, telephone and email enquiries began to flood in, not only from the UK but from China, Russia, Belize and other parts of the globe, all wanting to buy Sully Island.
- In order to draw a line under proceedings, we invited interested parties to tender their best offers for Sully Island, culminating with over a dozen offers from around the globe.
- Ultimately, we agreed a sale of the island for nearly double the guide price, meaning our client recouped all of the investment made in the property.