Land Agency, Utilities & Energy, Property Auctions
- Whilst not a Listed building, Llanbrynean was a handsome Victorian residence, with large, well-constructed outbuildings holding potential for conversion for a variety of uses, subject to planning, and surrounding 140 acreage.
- The tenant of the property had been in occupation since the early 1980s and benefitted from a protected tenancy allowing him to stay at the farm for the remainder of his life.
- In order to facilitate the surrender of his tenancy, Chris Hyde negotiated a sale of some 100 acres of land to the tenant, which allowed him to continue farming, but left an attractive block of land to tie to the house and outbuildings.
- It was clear that the outbuildings were ripe for conversion, but rather than the owners pursue a lengthy and costly planning application process themselves, we advised they seek a planners' report on the building.
- We ensured that the property, which had a rich and interesting history behind it, received media exposure, and both the BBC and local press ran stories enhancing the marketing.
- Having invited 'best and final offers' for Llanbrynean, the property was sold to Hall School Wimbledon, an exclusive London school, the owners of which had been seeking a hub for an outward bounds centre for many years to enhance their curricular activities.
- Having sold Llanbrynean, Cooke & Arkwright remain involved with HSW in assisting them with the extensive refurbishment of the house.