Jane Shankland is Associate Director providing business rate advice including business rate liability assessments rate relief schemes, legislative changes, appeals submission, VOA negotiation and Valuation Tribunal representation.
Jane is Associate Director in the firm’s professional rating department, one of the foremost and largest in Wales. She provides specialist advice to commercial occupiers, assessing their business rate liabilities and evaluating rate reduction potential. She also advises a number of public sector clients including seven Welsh unitary authorities on rating issues for their operational portfolios. She is highly experienced in completing and submitting appeals, negotiating with the Valuation Officer, preparing and presenting cases at Valuation Tribunal. She also advises clients on the best way to mitigate empty property rates, and on rate relief schemes, legislative changes and rate exemption issues. Jane has presented a number of seminars on non-domestic rates to business groups.
Areas of Expertise
- Business rate reduction for Cardiff University - £190,000, RV reduction
- Business rate reduction for Bridgend County Borough Council - £76,000 RV reduction
- Business rate reduction for Hutchings/Griffin Mill of 100% - £332,500 RV reduced to £0RV
- Executive Committee Member IRRV South & West Wales Association
- Member of Rating Surveyors’ Association Retail Committees in Wales
- Past Chairman of RICS Wales matrics
Spending time with my family, walking my dog, cookery.