- Arrived at airport at 7 am; checked in and through security by 7.15 am
- Boarded plane at 7.50 am for 8.00 am take off, but air traffic delays held us up until 8.15
- A lovely clear day and within half an hour we had excellent views over the city of London – these alone were well worth the journey!
- Landed at 9.00 am and after a short wait for our luggage, we were through the airport by 9.20 am
- A short walk to London City Airport DLR (Docklands Light Railway) station and we were heading for Canning Town, and then the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf station, arriving at 9.55 am
- On the return journey, left Canary Wharf at 13:30 pm; Jubilee line to Canning Town and DLR to London City Airport.
- Arrived at London City Airport at 13:45; checked in and through security by 14:00 pm
- Flight boarded at 15:00 for 15.20 take off, and we arrived back in Cardiff at 15:55 pm.
Huw comments; “It was a great experience and one that I hope will become a permanent fixture. The cost is equivalent to the train and the views over London on a clear day are impressive. With a flight time of just under an hour on the outward journey and only 35 minutes on the return leg, I found it a great alternative to the train. It was a comfortable journey with refreshments served by cabin crew. As far as I’m concerned, the plane can take the strain!”