Tomos is a Senior Surveyor with the Land Agency team dealing with property management, agency, lease advisory and utility work. He is responsible for the Church in Wales portfolio, Dunraven Estates and Dingestow Court. He also assists with instructions from the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority.
His responsibilities include:
- Estate management: including landlord & tenants matters such as rent reviews and lease renewals;
- Land agency: managing rural property lettings, sales and marketing;
- Rural professional services: advising on negotiation of easements, utilities and compulsory purchase, and a variety of other topical matters;
- Valuation: Red Book and other valuations for a variety of clients and purposes.
Areas of Expertise
- Management of traditional estates.
- Specific experience in management of multiple AHA and ATA tenancies, licences and Basic Payment Scheme.
- Experience in rent reviews for agricultural, residential, and commercial properties. Control of repair and expenditure budget including direct supervision of local contractors.
- Experience in management of residential tenancies including EPC compliance and legislative conformity.
- One off instruction dealing with public bodies including Local Authorities and private clients.
- Experience in planning applications, property sales, property appraisals, formal valuations, access agreements and compensation claims with growing experience and increasing responsibility with CPO work.
- Experience in Mapping using ArcGIS and QGIS to produce Land Registry compliant plans for a range of purposes such as registration of land including manorial rights, estate management and sales.
- BSc (Hons) Rural Enterprise and Land Management – 2:1 – Harper Adams University, Shropshire
Tomos enjoys hill walking, badminton, gardening, shooting and fishing in his spare time. Other interests include history and politics. He is a fluent Welsh speaker.