Michael Lawley BSc, DUniv, FRICS, MCIArb
Chairman, Development Land; Property Valuation
Michael Lawley is Chairman of Cooke & Arkwright and as well as his business management role advises clients in Wales and England on major residentially-led development proposals.
Michael joined Cooke & Arkwright in 1981. He became a Director in 1988, Managing Director in 1999 and Chairman in 2011. He has an active role in the development and running of the business and also provides leading consultancy advice on development proposals, and strategic land matters for a range of private and public sector clients across Wales and England. Michael has a comprehensive knowledge of property gained in his long career and has a wealth of experience in dealing with major development schemes. He is currently advising on sites across Cardiff, South Wales and the south of England.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisor to landowners on promotion and delivery of 7,000 unit residential development at Plasdwr in North West Cardiff
- Advisor in the past to Cardiff Bay Development Corporation over the period of its life and ABP/WDA on the Barry Waterfront Joint Initiative
- Advisor to landowners on promotion and delivery of 2,000 unit residential development at Sandleford Park in south Newbury.
- Fellow of the RICS
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Holder of an Honorary Doctorate from the University of South Wales
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Mike enjoys walking and cycling, and watching a wide variety of team sports. He is a stoic season ticket holder at Cardiff Blues. He likes gardening, reading and quality music of all types.