Huw Thomas is Director of Retail and Leisure Agency advising landlords, retail occupiers and developers on Welsh High Streets, Shopping Centres and Out of Town Retail.
Huw is Director of Retail and Leisure Agency, Welsh specialists with unrivalled coverage and active on every high street across South Wales. He is an expert with over 20 years’ experience in selling, letting and acquiring shops, shopping centres and retail parks throughout the UK. He advises institutional and local landlords and developers on lettings and sales, and national, multiple and local retailers on leasehold acquisition and freehold properties. He also provides strategic development advice and is regularly involved in consultancy projects for public and private sector clients. He regularly acts as Expert Witness in rent review and lease renewal disputes. Huw is a fluent Welsh speaker.
Areas of Expertise
- Letting agent on new 400,000 sq ft Friars Walk shopping centre, Newport for Queensberry Real Estate during 18 months leadup to launch
- Retained retail advisors for retailers including Greggs Plc, Principality Building Society, Specsavers, Ladbrokes, Starbucks, Burger King, Connells Group, Austin Reed, British Heart Foundation
- Retained letting agents on key Welsh shopping centres including Capitol Shopping Centre in Cardiff; St Elli Shopping Centre, Llanelli; The Rhiw Shopping Centre, Bridgend; Gwent Shopping Centre, Tredegar.
- Member of Shop Agency Society
- Former Member of RICS Board and South Wales RICS matrics Committee
When not being henpecked by his three daughters, Huw enjoys singing and competing with Cordydd (a mixed voice choir based in Cardiff), road cycling and watching rugby.